Hey there! I hope you’re having a great weekend so far! I just came back from the Central Florida Bloggers Conference last night and I have so much to write, but I’m saving it for my Monday Weekend Wrapup. It’s going to be a lazy Sunday full of healthy eats and football.
I realized I don’t talk much about who I really am on this blog. Of course, you know what my health and fitness goals are, what type of food I eat, and what type of sneakers I run in, but there’s much more to my life than blogging and health.
A few days ago, I stumbled upon this “10 Things I’d Like to Do Before I’m 24” post by Mnemosyne. Up until this point, I hadn’t given much thought to the fact that I’ll be turning 25 next year. Her post inspired me to do things a little differently today. I got a chance to really think about where I’d like my life to be next year, and here’s what I came up with, in no particular order.
- Pay off my student loan.
- Begin vlogging.
- Receive my group fitness instructor certification.
- Travel independently.
- Complete my first race.
- Buy another motorcycle (or dirt bike). I used to ride, but I sold it to get my car and I miss it something fierce!
- Move closer to the water.
- Have a savings account I can live off for at least 6 months.
- Get a bicycle and start biking more places.
- Donate blood.
- Run a 10K. I’m running my first 5K in two weeks, so a 10K is the next step.
- Go to a pro football or basketball game.
- Do a pullup.
- Start a garden.
- Go on a hiking trip.
- Get Trina running with me regularly with me (because all she does is sleep.)
- Get under 20% body fat.
- Write a freelance article for a local or major publication.
- Have a yard sale or give to Goodwill to get rid of anything I haven’t used/ worn in the last year.
- Hold a 3-minute plank. I did 2:50 once, but I haven’t been able to come close since then.
- Host or co-host a Gainesville health food tasting event.
- Open a retirement account.
- Learn to drive a manual car. Funny thing is, I learned to ride a bike before I ever tried to drive a manual.
- Become friends with my parents.
- Get a job in a city that I love and I can really call home.
I’m sure there’s more, but it was surprisingly hard to come up with all those goals. Some of them are easily attainable, but most of them will take a lot of work on my part. I have a year left and I’d like to revisit this post when I’m 25 to see how much of this I’ve actually accomplished.
What are some things you’d like to accomplish before your next birthday? What was the biggest goal you accomplished this year?