Trying to stay away from soda and juice? Ever realize just HOW soda and juice are equally unhealthy for you?
Researchers compared the nutritional stats of apple juice with those of a can of cola. About one cup of apple juice contains 110 calories and an eye-popping 26 grams of sugar. These calorie and sugar counts are almost identical to what you’d find in the same size serving of cola.
Not only are these drinks filled with empty calories and sugar…but they can affect your health and many people (especially parents) are surprised to learn that soda (even diet soda) and many fruit juices are common causes of tooth decay. Yet, despite the fact that soda and juice rots teeth, discolors teeth, causes bad breath, makes you fat, and dehydrates you, and causes you to crave even more calories – everyone continues to drink it.
So what’s left to drink? Are YOU Bored with the “DRINK MORE WATER” kick?
Let’s face it….we could ALL benefit from drinking more water.
So why not experiment with some fun flavors that will interest your family in drinking more water?
- Water is healthy (provided you aren’t drinking from the pond or puddle)
- Water is FREE (if you drink tap/filtered water)
- There are countless FLAVORFUL – healthier options to make it taste better!
But drinking plain water all the time is like eating the same old vegetables and crackers for three squares a day: It’s healthy, but it’s also boring.
No wonder flavored waters have invaded your grocery store. While most commercial brands are nothing more than food coloring, sugar, and chemicals, you can jazz up an entire pitcher
of water – or even just a simple glass or bottle of water – all at home naturally with just a few ingredients. All you need is fruit – veggies – and fresh herbs.
Given water’s many benefits – Water can prevent
- boost brainpower
- improve your mood
- and even help you lose weight
One of the EASIEST and healthiest combinations is Cucumber Water. It’s easy to make and full of many health and wellness benefits, some of which may surprise you. Also, don’t forget to eat the left-over cucumbers for their fiber and nutritional content. There’s even a simple water to BEAT BLOAT and help flatten your tummy!
As a great tip – cut up your fruit – veggies and herbs and freeze them. Simply drop them in your water container or pitcher and add water. No ice even needed! The frozen goodies will keep your drink ice cold and is super convenient!
5 Tips to Help You Drink More Water
If you think you need to be drinking more, here are some tips to increase your fluid intake and reap the benefits of water:
- Have water with every snack and meal.
- Choose beverages you enjoy; you’re likely to drink more liquids if you like the way they taste. Infusing water with your favorite fruits – veggies and herbs will encourage you to drink more water and give you more options to play around with combinations!
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. Their high water content will add to your hydration. About 20% of our fluid intake comes from foods.
- Keep a bottle of water with you in your car, at your desk, or in your bag.
- Choose waters that meet your individual needs. If you’re watching calories, infused water is the perfect option.