Good morning! Today’s weekend wrapup will be a little different, since I already told you about my 5K race, which was easily the most exciting thing to happen. Instead, I’m revealing my Foodie Pen Pal today!
I’ve seen everyone writing about the awesome boxes they receive on reveal day, and last month I decided I had to be a part of it. The person we send to is different than the person we receive from, and when I saw that I was receiving from Sarah of Zoe’s Lunchbox, I couldn’t be happier! She packs the most fun, innovative, and delicious lunches for her little girl, and I knew my package would be a treat.
Sarah didn’t disappoint!
Inside the box:
- A very sweet letter (thank you, everything made it safe and sound!)
- Sriracha – I told Sarah I liked spicy food, so she sent me the best spicy condiment ever! My boyfriend recently discovered Sriracha at a restaurant, and I think it made his day when he saw this.
- Iced mint mango organic hard candies – I’m not usually crazy about hard candies, but these changed my mind. They make for a great yummy, minty treat after a meal.
- Bear Naked maple pecan granola – I’ve been eating this with Greek yogurt last week and I’m so glad Sarah shared this with me. Best. Granola. Ever.
- White chocolate KitKat – I’d never tried these before, but it was the first thing I ripped open as soon as I got the box, and now I’m hooked
- Organic vanilla chip granola bar – Deliciously sweet and filling granola bar I took on a trip to Orlando
- Oskri Fig Dark Chocolate Bar – definitely the most interesting thing in my box, but tasty nonetheless, and very filling. I ate half while working on some freelance design at Starbucks and the other half as a snack to hold me over at work.
- Way Better Snacks sweet potato tortilla chips – I wish I had scanned the nutritional info, but I ate these way too fast. These chips never even saw a jar of salsa or guacamole. They’re so good and good for you that I’ll be hunting these down on my next shopping trip.
I definitely lucked out with my box. I was so happy with everything I received, and Sarah really nailed my tastes. Thank you so much, Sarah!
Also, my arm looked like this yesterday:
Now, after reading that don’t you want a penpal of your own?! Here are the details!
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for September, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.