I’m getting the ball rolling a little late on What I Ate Wednesday this week, but better late than never, right?
- Spinach, arugula, and green leaf lettuce salad, with avocado, apples, radishes, tomatoes, scallions, and feta cheese.
- Said salad with stuffed clams and a side of steamed broccoli and carrots topped with Parmesan cheese.
- Whole wheat couscous with red peppers, topped with Pirate’s Gold shrimp, scallions, and lemon juice.
- My favorite food EVER: ice cream cake! If you didn’t already know, I’m pretty much obsessed with ice cream cake. Troy’s convinced I’d be happy living off ice cream cake for the rest of my life. It’s probably true, but I wouldn’t live long. The occasion? A late birthday treat from Troy.
Aside from the cake, I’ve been keeping up the good habits really well. I’ve been eating a ton of salad lately and filling more than half my dinner plate with veggies.
This week I’m throwing in a little What I Drank Wednesday into the mix.
- Whole wheat turkey pita with pepper jack cheese, avocado, tomato, onion, and dijon mustard. “B Meyer” Lemon flavored Drink Chia on the side.
- Deeeeelicious breakfast sandwich with pepper jack cheese, avocado, scallion, and drippy egg on whole wheat toast and side of Honeysuckle Pear Drink Chia.
- O.N.E. coconut water that I drink with lunch or use in my smoothies.
- Strawberry Citrus Drink Chia I took on my road trip to CFLBlogCon.
Don’t mind me, I was feeling colorful today.
You may remember that the nice folks at Drink Chia sent me over a bag of samples and two cool stickers a few weeks ago.
I’ve now tried all the flavors and I can give you my honest opinion. They all taste kind of the same to me, but it’s a good thing. I really enjoyed the fresh, fruit flavor and they’re much better chilled. The seeds do taste funny going down, especially towards the end of the drink, but you get used to it. It’s like drinking boba tea with teeny tiny little bobas.
The benefits are unparalleled, and I’d rather drink these than sports drink for vitamins and energy. Chia seeds are full of essential Omega-3s and can help with:
- Heart health
- Brain power
Check out Drink Chia’s Web site for a full list of nutritional facts and benefits.
My favorite flavor was the Honeysuckle Pear, since it wasn’t as tart as the rest. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, but it was the most neutral flavored one, with only a hint of sour.
Drink Chia is currently offering to send a sample of all their flavors to you for only $2.95 plus shipping here. I’ll definitely be buying these next time I go to the Fresh Market.
One last thing:
What dog seeks out a pillow and sits like this?!
Disclosure: I was sent a free sample of Drink Chia products to try, but was not compensated for this review in any other way. All opinions are wholly my own.
Have you ever tried chia seeds? What’s your favorite way to use them, and what should I try?
I like chia seeds in smoothies without berries since they make the texture of the smoothie feel like there are berries in it. I also put them in overnight oats so they get that jelly consistency and make the oats super creamy.